Rider Profile Time . . . it's European Track Champion Sam Bennett


10 questions. . . .with Mr.Sam Bennett

1 Whats your favourite meal? dinner:)
Chicken, brown rice and sweet thai chilli sauce.

2 Who's your hero?
Robbie McEwen a true sprinter, Sean Kelly, Tom Boonen and Brian Kenneally.

3 Whats your favourite climb?
My climb out of bed each morning I have to go out training!

4 If you were a super-pro, what team would you like to ride for and why?
Team Columbia high road htc, because you would get an arm chair ride to the finish, it is very hard to get it wrong with that support on the road! but you must remember a super pro because I dont think I would fancy trying to hold their wheel!haha. My favourite team is Quick Step.

5 Who's your ideal date?
My girlfriend Tara, she helps me unwind, I can be myself and she'll make sure i'm in bed early for training the next day!

6 What book/magazine are you reading at the moment?
Nutrition books, mainly because im doing my college assignment on it but also because it will help me look after myself for my sport.

7 Whats the best bike race in the world?
Paris-Roubaix and also the world championship.

8 Your greatest achievement off the bike?
Getting a good leaving cert in the same year as getting a great result in the 3 biggest races of the year.

9 What 5 people would you invite to dinner(either dead or alive)?
Paul Healion, Mark Heneghan and my best friend Bernard(these are the funniest people I've ever met), Robbie McEwen and Tom Boonen.

10 Any goals for next season?
I would like keep progressing to step myself up into a higher level. I would like to be on good form for the world championship.

Thanks again Sam .Best of luck next season.